Deserving students from all over Indonesia will be selected to be Bayer Young Environmental Envoys (BYEE) and will participate in a live-in Eco-camp that is held in a local venue. The top two envoys will join youth delegates from 18 other countries around the world on a weeklong all-expense paid trip to Germany on October 16 – 21, 2011. It will be an opportunity to gain new insights on the broad spectrum of environmental protection measures employed by industry, municipalities, and the state environmental authorities in Germany.
- Indonesian citizen, College/University student enrolled in any institution as of April 1, 2011 (students graduating in April 2011 are eligible to join)
- 18 to 24 years old by September 1, 2011
- Actively involved in environmental activities or projects
- Willing to travel overseas
- Should be able to work well within a group
- Good oral and written English communications skills
- Employees of Bayer, their agencies or independent contractors engaged in the project
- Individuals or companies engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for the project
Write your individual proposal, therefore, for a simple environmental project in your community or school which demonstrates that environmental protection and economic growth can go hand in hand.
- In no more than 100 words, describe the current situation and environment related problems in your local area or school.
- Name a few practical solutions to the problem that either government/industry/NGOs or your school/community has so far carried out.
- Draw up a personal project you intend to do to help alleviate this problem, and state your objectives and deliverables.
- Indicate resource requirements like budget, manpower, facilities, as well as institutions/groups involved, making sure that all necessary resources are within your reach. Compare resources and costs with the benefits you expect to gain.
- In no more than 200 words, say how this project can be beneficial for both the economy and the environment. Explain also why your environmental project makes economic sense.
- Fill out the application form and attach a 4×6 cm color photo of yourself.
- Attach the following documents: certificate of cumulative GPA (IPK, minimum 2.5) from your institution, copies of identification card (KTP/SIM), and proof of environmental award (if there is any) received.
- All entries must be accompanied by a project proposal. Incomplete application form and entry requirements will not be processed.
- Secure the endorsement of a faculty member OR the school academic department head OR college/university dean OR academic vice-president OR president.
- All applications should reach Bayer by May 12, 2011.
- Project proposals must be written in English and double-spaced. Handwritten or e-mail entries will not be accepted.
- Project proposals, which are adaptations/upgrades of already existing projects are acceptable, but the entry will be judged solely on the basis of new elements introduced and their added value. Pre-existing work or accomplishments prior to the official start-up date will not be given any credit.
- Successful finalists shall be asked to begin implementing their respective projects by June 11, 2011. A premature start of the proposed project will be grounds for disqualification.
- While the project proposal should be the applicant’s own concept, the project itself may be carried out by any number of people, with the applicant taking significant role in its implementation.
- The project must be completed or come close to completion by September 8, 2011.
- The judges’ decision is final for all aspects of the competition.
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on the content of their project, leadership and environmental know-how and involvement.
- A panel of judges will interview each of the shortlisted candidates to determine their intelligence and understanding of environmental issues, their communication and people skills, as well as the feasibility of their project proposals.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. PT Bayer Indonesia will bear all costs for the travel, meals, and accommodations of shortlisted candidates going to the interview.
- Successful applicants who qualify for the final round will be required to attend an environmental live-in workshop called the BYEE Eco-Camp. All charges for the travel, accommodations, and upkeep of participants will be shouldered by PT Bayer Indonesia.
- At the end of the Eco-Camp, the finalists will be asked to make a presentation before another panel of judges. They will be given the formal title of Bayer Young Environmental Envoy at an awarding ceremony.
- Two of these finalists will be declared as the Top 2 Bayer Young Environmental Envoys and will be given the opportunity to participate in a weeklong all-expense paid study trip to Germany on October 16 – 21, 2011.
All applications should reach Bayer by May 12, 2011
Please read the application form thoroughly. Online or e-mail applications will not be accepted and only complete application forms will be considered.
Applications should be sent to:
PT Bayer Indonesia
MidPlaza I, 12th Floor
Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav. 10-11